Dual Dimensions & Text Offset

Can't seem to figure this one out. I've exhausted all combinations of appearance/offset/fit/alignment in style properties.

Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it?

It only happens whenever I try to adjust the position of the dimension (via middle grip). It also only happens with dual dimensions.

DIM.jpg

I also see the same behavior (I'm using AutoCAD2011 at the moment)

As soon as the text position is altered, vertical spacing changes.

Alternate Unit Spacing.gif

Which one is wrong?

PS. What is unusual for me is that in the first dimension the line in the middle is continuous, usually text has a wipeout behind.

Would you post a drawing showing this behavior?

What font are you using?

This happens with every drawing (to my knowledge), regardless of font. I've tried it with all versions 2008-2013.

Thanks for the visual nestly... that's exactly what I'm talking about!

Which one is wrong?

PS. What is unusual for me is that in the first dimension the line in the middle is continuous, usually text has a wipeout behind.

The top left and bottom right (the two dimensions that he adjusted). The vertical spacing between the two dimension values shifted as soon as their positions are altered.

In my example, I have the text setting set to be above the dimension line with no fill. The right dimension is normal. The left dimension is what happens when I adjust the positioning.

This happens with every drawing (to my knowledge), regardless of font. I've tried it with all versions 2008-2013.

Thanks for the visual nestly... that's exactly what I'm talking about!

Very strange, never ran into it before.

It's strange... Just to let you know, when you explode the dimensions, the untouched one turn into two mtext (the distance between texts are kept as a doubled offset distance; from each side of the line) and the altered one into one mtext :o

That's why the spacing has changed (actually, to the default one with the text style you are using in dims), but why two mtext turn into one?

Confirmed in AutoCAD2005 as well.