DWG converted to PDF then PDF not printing to scale

Hi I need help

My client needs an a3 drawing I drew converted into a PDF so he can print the PDF off to the correct scale.

I created the pdf in autocad 2012 to A3 size and a scale of 1:1. I emailed the PDF to my client who now says that the PDF is not to the correct scale when he prints it, I instructed him to select the 'actual size' option he then said it cut off the drawing at either end of the drawing. He getting very angry now. He wants to be able to open the PDF press print and it to print out to scale.

Is it something I am doing wrong? I have never had this problem before and I am beginning to panic.

Thanks in advance for any help

I suppose the guy is printing on a A3 printer. Try to get the drawing border down so the printing area is less as all printers have slightly different printing areas

There should be an option called "Page Scaling". Set this to "None". Yes, I know, it sounds counter-intuitive but it does work.

Is the border very close to the edge of the paper?

If not and it prints to scale without getting cut off on your printer then I agree that it is probably a printer margine issue. Tell the guy you did it right and get off your back. He should check his printer settings.

Thanks for the reply.

When I plotted it to PDF in CAD i set the paper size to a3 full bleed, centre plot, scale 1:1. Is there a way to set the print options on the pdf before I send it so he can just open and print and it will be the right scale? I am a bit limited as I only adobe reader 10 as I can't afford to purchase a full copy of adobe acrobat.

The OP might be better off printing it at his end then either sending it to the client via snail-mail or fax. I think the client is "printer challenged".

lol printer challenged..... i have downloaded adobe acrobat x and changed the setting. sent a tester to a friend and he said its working now. thanks for the help everyone

Commdec: I have a feeling I've read that exact same advice somewhere else today. Do you work for the advertizing department of QuickScale?