Reinstalling windows 7...problem?

kingneptune117

Hey all,

I think I might have a problem here. I currently have my autocad education version 2012 installed on my laptop and desktop (two installs, not to be used simultaneously).

I am planning on formatting and reinstalling my desktop computer for various reasons. The thing is, when I reinstall windows and reinstall autocad, will I be able to use the same serial code? I heard you can only have two installs at the same time, which I do. Will autocad automatically recognize I am trying to reinstall it on the same computer? What do i do?

Remember, I have the same autocad installed on my desktop and laptop (two installs of the same product and serial number)

Thanks!

Most likely you'll get some sort of message that will say you cannot obtain an activation code and to contact AutoDesk to resolve the problem. However, you'll still be able to use the program for up to 30 days (like a "trial" version) until you can sort the problem out. This normally takes about two days.