Autocad 2013 page setup/ plot styles

arcbc30

I am somewhat confused by the Autocad 2013 page setup "Logic" and I hope some one can help as I feel like I am missing something?

1) Is there a way to change the plot style table used to print a layout in the Print dialogue box? This is how older versions of cad worked, but in 2013 it seems you have to set up an entirely new page set-up for each plot style table you want to use in each drawing, or modify an existing one, then modify it again to change it back, all throught the page set up dialogue instead of the plotting dialogue? is that the only/ most effecient way to switch back and forth between plot styles in a given drawing? There are a couple of extra steps doing it that way that I am not used to and it really is frustrating me. Am i missing something?

2) I wouldnt mind setting up all my page layouts ahead of time,with all my different plotter configurations, but not for every single drawing- is there a way to set up a page set up that will show up in every drawing?

3) Also why does the page set-up that is named after the layout you are working in not show up as a selection option under page set-up tab in the plot dialog box? Is it the default?

for example if I have 2 layout tabs in a drawing, layout A and layout B and go through page set up and create a page set up for each named A and B. When I try to plot layout A, in the page set up tab in the plotting dialog box Set Up A is not even shown as an option to select(only set up B and none)- and vice versa for layout B.

Again i feel like I am not understanding the logic, and how his was intended to be done in an efficient manner, any help would be greatly appreciated

I just figured this out- I feel kind of stupid- If a Moderator sees this it would be fine to delete it- it was a simple matter of not understanding that part of the menue was hidden inside the dialogue box.

Glad you figured it out, and welcome to Cadtutor.

No need for embarrassment, you're certainly not alone in missing that little button..... honestly, I don't even know why it's collapsible in the first place.

• 2 months later...

I have a curly one maybe someone can help me with.

Collapsable dialogue button is visible in plot manager but when clicked on the box disappears without showing the extended management box. Any ideas ?

Glad you figured it out, and welcome to Cadtutor.

No need for embarrassment, you're certainly not alone in missing that little button..... honestly, I don't even know why it's collapsible in the first place.

Thanks Dadgad,

Yes it is set to 1

'edit page setup' button gives me nothing.

It was revealing the collapsable box early today.

Only just stopped in the last hour

Welcome to the forum. :)

Is your FILEDIA set to 1?

• 1 month later...

i havent figured out how to get my print dialogue box (i don't even know when did i make it disappeared or how) and its driving me crazy..

im using Autocad for mac 2012..

any clues?

thanks a lot..

I am somewhat confused by the Autocad 2013 page setup "Logic" and I hope some one can help as I feel like I am missing something?

1) Is there a way to change the plot style table used to print a layout in the Print dialogue box? This is how older versions of cad worked, but in 2013 it seems you have to set up an entirely new page set-up for each plot style table you want to use in each drawing, or modify an existing one, then modify it again to change it back, all throught the page set up dialogue instead of the plotting dialogue? is that the only/ most effecient way to switch back and forth between plot styles in a given drawing? There are a couple of extra steps doing it that way that I am not used to and it really is frustrating me. Am i missing something?

2) I wouldnt mind setting up all my page layouts ahead of time,with all my different plotter configurations, but not for every single drawing- is there a way to set up a page set up that will show up in every drawing?

3) Also why does the page set-up that is named after the layout you are working in not show up as a selection option under page set-up tab in the plot dialog box? Is it the default?

for example if I have 2 layout tabs in a drawing, layout A and layout B and go through page set up and create a page set up for each named A and B. When I try to plot layout A, in the page set up tab in the plotting dialog box Set Up A is not even shown as an option to select(only set up B and none)- and vice versa for layout B.

Again i feel like I am not understanding the logic, and how his was intended to be done in an efficient manner, any help would be greatly appreciated

hello im having exactly the same trouble and i've spent hours looking for an answer.

i havent figured out how to get my print dialogue box as a layout element (i don't even know when did i make it disappeared or how) and its driving me crazy..

im using Autocad for mac 2012..

any clues?

thanks a lot..

Please try to set the CMDDIA system variable to 1.

Edit: Sorry, seems that the above variable has no longer impact on PLOT command's behaviour (dialog box vs. command line).

Edited by MSasu
Correction

this is the bar im looking for....

would you know how to get it back into my layout space?

Please try to set the CMDDIA system variable to 1.

Edit: Sorry, seems that the above variable has no longer impact on PLOT command's behaviour (dialog box vs. command line).

Captura de pantalla 2012-10-25 a la(s) 12.27.34 AM.png

• 1 year later...

I am having problems with the Page Setup menu, I can't edit Layouts because the window appears cropped and can't do anything. Please can someone help with this? It is really frustrating. I attach an image that explains it better!! THANK YOU!

ventana cortada.jpg