Polyline thickness

Hello,

I have a polyline that I would like to have a thickness of 1. But I'd like the thickness to apply on one side of the line or the other. Not from the centre, thus allowing 0.5 on either side of the centre.

Is this possible?

"Thickness" suggests an elevation change (Z-axis), so I'm unclear if this question it really about applying a thickness to a polyline, or a width?

Width and thickness seem to get interchanged frequently in discussions regarding lines. To further confuse things we also talk about line "weight". Maybe we should have a CADTutor dictionary of correct usage. LoL

As eldon said, offset the line your desired thickness, but you could then close the ends off, joint the lines/polylines using PEDIT and do a solid fill of the resulting polygon.

You might also try a multiline which offsets to just one side and solid fill that. We use that method for some road-crossing ducting in special cases, but its a bit labour intensive and we use it only seldom.

Sorry I meant width. I would usually offset said line, close ends and solid fill. Then delete the offset and end lines. Just thought here was a quicker way of doing it. Thanks anyway.