Penn Foster Basic Drafting Project #3

2112tinytim

http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/085808.pdf

That's a link to the lesson. I'm in the same boat. I've even asked some friends at work and they can't seem to help either. I've asked Penn Foster for some assistance and because of the holidays, I'll figure I'm not going to get a response any time soon. The only thing I've figured out is that those markings that point to the holes are bolt information, but it doesn't mention what the diameter is.

I'm not looking for a direct answer here, but a nudge in the right direction would help. Should I just draw these holes the same size as the bolt diameter? That doesn't sound right, or does it?

Would have been nice to have had this information in a previous lesson, but I guess that's not how it works.

Thanks!

-=CoasterBP

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• 2112tinytim

• Tiger

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coaster:

Are these the markings you are referring to?

M18 X 0.6-6H

M10 X 0.6-6H

M4 X 0.6-5H

I do not work with metric units but I would think that all of the above would be thread sizes and you would have to find and use the proper tap drill size (in mm) to create the holes shown in the attached PDF on page 6.

The -5H and -6H probably refer to the fact that it is an internal thread. See the link below as it might be of some use.

http://www.centralrtd.com/images/7.pg24-25.PDF

One last thing. You paid good money for this course and if you are having a problem I would demand (not ask) that you be given the proper level of instructional help. Saying only that "everything you need is on the page" is not being very helpful unless you spent one whole lesson on how to decipher metric mechanical drawings and their symbols. If you get no satisfaction from the instructor then take it to the next level. Be persistent too.

Good luck.

Yes, that was the info. The instructor did respond very nicely with the information. I'm not sure if the OP had the same instructor as I, but he did answer the question and gave me the little nudge I needed. The M18 is the diameter in mm.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...