Penn Foster Basic Drafting Project #3

2112tinytim

Trying to finish my last drafting project in the basic drafting course (non-autocad drafting), but having trouble understanding the dimensions of one part. The dimensions are for a hole and show on the drawing as:

M18 X0.6-6H

(Depth symbol) 26.88

(Counterbore symble) M10 X 0.6-6h

(Depth symbol) 4.19

Is this a counterbored hole with an 18mm diameter depth of 26.88 and a counterbore diameter of 28mm with a 4.19mm depth?

Any help appreciated

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• 2112tinytim

• Tiger

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand the info for the counterbore symbol M10 x 0.6-6H is a different bolt than M18 x 0.6-6H.

M18 x 0.6-6H is the bolt size, you should have a chart for the drill size and counterbore sizes.

Is the hole to be tapped? Seems odd to have a depth on a non-tapped hole.

Hi 2112tinytim....since this is a graded project you should send an email with your questions to: edserv@pennfoster.edu Your inquires regarding this examination will be addressed appropriately through the proper instructional support system.

Jon De Penn Foster Drafting Instructional Staff

Do we actually have a real instructor from the Penn Foster-joint with us today?

If you are indeed who you say you are Jonde, please read through the questions that people have posted on this site about the Penn Foster-projects, perhaps there are some things you could (should) take home with you and change.

Would love to have a chat session with any instructor from Penn-Foster. Better bring a pen, a pad and a BIG cup of coffee as it might take a while.

Update: I just fired off an email to "Jonde" inviting him back to CADTutor to have a discussion about the Penn-Foster AutoCAD program. Let's see what happens.

Edited by ReMark
Added update.

I got a response but it wasn't quite what I expected. But I have not given up just yet.

Dear Student,

This is an automated response from Penn Foster. We have received your inquiry.

Your e-mail has been forwarded to our Education Department for reply. You should be receiving a response to your message shortly.

Please Note: Instructors are available to answer email messages only during our regular business hours of 8am - 7pm EST, Monday - Friday.

I have yet to hear from a real live human being/instructor at Penn-Foster and it has been four hours since they supposedly started their business hours. Maybe they are all on holiday? Or maybe there is just one guy, sitting in a very cluttered office, in a run down industrial park, off some God forsaken stretch of Route 66 out in the middle of nowhere, with a bank of phones (much like a political call center) feverishly taking one call after another trying to answer as many questions as he can before he collapses in a heap of hapless humanity. The poor soul. But do not take pity on him. You should see his bank account balance after getting all these students to sign up for a real, honest-to-goodness "AutoCAD" program.

Edited by ReMark

I don't see anything that tells me the person who posted the response from Penn-Foster returned to CADTutor for a chat about their AutoCAD program and specifically the projects.

No further response to my email from my workplace to Penn-Foster either.

One of the students I am assisting was told by an instructor that if he had a problem to go to the CADTutor website for help.

No further response to my email from my workplace to Penn-Foster either.

One of the students I am assisting was told by an instructor that if he had a problem to go to the CADTutor website for help.

:lol: Now that inspires trust!

Since we are doing their job does that mean we get a cut of the fee for the course?

The way I see it, you should be tenured for sure, I never cease to be amazed by your willingness to fill in the gaps in their curriculum and student support. :beer:

Do we actually have a real instructor from the Penn Foster-joint with us today?

If you are indeed who you say you are Jonde, please read through the questions that people have posted on this site about the Penn Foster-projects, perhaps there are some things you could (should) take home with you and change.

Jon DeEsch does appear to be a real PENN FOSTER instructor, and perhaps we should cut him a little slack, as he appears to be a newbie with them, so presumably he didn't write the courses.

If he is serious about wanting to help his students, he may yet prove to be the missing key to really helping some students. The proof is in the pudding. :beer:

jonde.jpg

If he enjoys connecting with students maybe I should sign up for a course.

You could probably cure him of that. :playing:

It is only natural to enjoy connecting with some students more than others. :)

Edited by Dadgad

• 2 weeks later...

I did contact Penn Foster support. Took two days for me to get an email basically saying all the information I need is in the drawing. Very very helpful.....

I did contact Penn Foster support. Took two days for me to get an email basically saying all the information I need is in the drawing. Very very helpful.....

Could you scan more of that page, I would like to see what the leaders are pointing to?