Label Style Composer > Text Style > Viewports.

SMP

Good Day all.

I am now beyond frustrated with this label composer thing.

I simply want a bearing and distance on my lines. Thats it. Not asking for much. At my last job someone had created something where i clicked a button, then clicked my entity and voila, a beautifully offset aligned bearing and distance as text entities.

I suppose it is one of those things a guy takes for granted.

After along time of fiddling with it i got it somewhat how i want it!

But now, for some strange reason now matter what text style i assign to it it refuses to be displayed in my VP at 2mm. My text style is designed specifically to show text in paperspace at 2mm.

What am i doing wrong or overlooking here?

There are aspects of this label feature i really like, and i am sure once i get the kinks worked out i'll love it as i so often do but right now after hours of fooling around with this my hockey temper is flaring up.

Any help is apprciated.

Custom Scale is set to 2 for some strange reason??????????

Here's the even weirder part i am 99% sure i entered a combined scale factor for my drawing of .999656 ???

Hmm this now raises many more questions.

Drawing settings, Units and Zone tab, what is listed as the Scale?

BAH!!!!! I think i found the bigger root of the problem!! I had set the Command "UNITS" to meters.... And my drawing settings as you described were still in Feet for some reason?? (Why the heck doesn't that units command govern the drawing settings ???? )

When i copied to a new DWG this morning (to fix another issue of my mtext dissappearing on me in my model space ?????? ) everything went to metric and things started to call in place for me. I noticed that the metric value of the text hieght was 2.57 ??

For now! HAHA! It is still early!

• 10 months later...

FYI:

Also in an update to this, I just found out that the plot scale can also mess up these labels. I did infact change the paper size in prior to one of these instances and in doing so it reverted the plot units to inches?

to fix this I went back into the plot manager, changed it to the right scale and right units, applied to layout and escaped out of the plot manger and did a regenall and it fixed it!!!

These little labels can be pesky, keep an eye on them.