Convert Solidworks Format to dwg

User2012

When I want to save the Solidworks file in the Cad format.dwg. I get the "Property Manager" window. What is this about?o:) I just want to convert solidworks file to dwg. and then work on it in CAD.

Convert Solidworks File to dwg.jpg

Well it looks like it's just presenting you some save options. What happens when you click on the green check mark?

If it's not working for you I've discovered that the free Inventor Fusion program will convert SolidWorks file to .dwg.

I thought it might be an easier choice to convert it to dwg in solidworks directly. However, it gave me a 2D view of the face selected!:geek:

Either solidworks or parasolid formats can be conveted to dwg through the Inventor!

Basically its asking you what view you want to convert to a dwg since you are going from 3d to 2d. Another way you can do this is select a face and Right-click and choose "export face as dwg/dxf". SW just needs to know more information before it flattens it into 2d.

not that i know of. everything is 2d. out of curiosity why would you want to export from solidworks to work in acad?