labeling XY coordinates and angle in autoCAD 2012

Hello,

I am very new to AutoCAD and has been practicing on some example models right here http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_1/links/extra_005.gif.

I want to label my XY coordinates as same as in the above drawing(see the link above) with X and Y values. Unfortunately, i did not accomplish this task till now. Can some one help me out there to make it down?

More, i would like to represent the angle between the two lines by just showing the corresponding symbol as he done in the above link with right angle symbol and then labeling the symbol at the top left corner.

Thank you.

Lisp routines are "programs" run within AutoCAD to accomplish certain repetitive or complex tasks.

Lisp routines can be loaded using the APPLOAD command.

I have attached a sample lisp routine that will show the XY coordinates, the Z coordinate and the XY & Z coordinates of a line depending on the input you use. I did not write the routine. I found it at a website called "cad2go" and it was posted as a freebie by the Admin on Feb. 5th, 2009.

Download the file to your Desktop, right-click on it, and using the RENAME command remove all the characters after the letters "lsp" and include the as well. The file name should then be XYZ_Coords.lsp.

Now go to AutoCAD. Start a new drawing. Draw a line (preferably at an angle).

At the command line type the word APPLOAD. Browse to you Desktop, click on XYZ_Coords.lsp then on the LOAD button to the right.

You are now ready to use the lisp routine.

Type XY and follow the prompts. Did it work? Yes/No/I'm having trouble figuring it out?

XYZ_Coords.lsp.txt

The XY coordinate displays are probably just QLEADERS which have been formatted in SETTINGS to display MTEXT.

Enter QLEADER at the commandline then >> (meaning ENTER twice)

this will open the LEADER SETTINGS dialog box, where you can set the appropriate settings.

Welcome to the forum. :)

On the ANNOTATION tab select MTEXT

I've included the LEADER LINE & ARROW tab in the attachment

On the ATTACHMENT tab choose MIDDLE OF TOP LINE on left.

Then just follow the commandline instructions.

On the last length of your leader which will be the landing to your MTEXT, hold down the SHIFT key while defining the last point (which will force it to orthogonal).

The ANGULAR dimensions are quite easy once you choose the ANGULAR ICON from the dimension toolbar or dimension tab or dropdown menu.

After you have created your ANGULAR dimension click on it, then hover over the GRIP on the TEXT portion of the dimension and choose CENTER VERTICALLY from the dropdown contextual menu.

qleader like sample.jpg

qleader 2.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

• 3 years later...