Printing Actual Scale

kolias

I have Acad V14 and limited experience

I draw the surface of a pillow block which is 90mm x 45mm and want to print it actual sixe to use it as a pattern but no matter what I cant printing to actual size

What I'm doing wrong?

I used a metric template. Don't know about full size, I thought Acad always draws full size unless I scale it. I just open Acad, selected the metric template and started to draw. However I did zoom a few times to see my work better but before printing I zoomed to previous a few times until I was back where I started.

Thanks

What size sheet are you plotting to?

What are your PLOT settings?

OK, I'll assume you are plotting to A4 size paper. A top view of the pillow block would fit quite nicely at full scale. Did you create additional views?

Edited by ReMark

I have no plotter, trying to print on an Epson printer. I have created no other views. I only need the plan view to get the holes pattern. Size of paper is std 8.5"x11"

PillowBlock.jpg

Here is an example drawing of a pillow block done in imperial units. It is shown on a piece of paper measuring 8.5"x11" which is roughly equivalent to a metric A4 sized sheet (210x297).

The pillow block is approximately 6x1.5x3 which converted to mm would be 152.4x38.1x76.2 (slightly different than your stated size of 90x45).

You'll notice I managed to get three full size (1:1) views included. I couldn't get the isometric view to fit at full size so I left it off.

I have no plotter, trying to print on an Epson printer. I have created no other views. I only need the plan view to get the holes pattern. Size of paper is std 8.5"x11"

Why are you drawing in metric units but plotting to imperial units? Your asking for trouble by mixing the units in my opinion.

No size of paper is in metric, I just used the std imperial units in here to describe it. ok, so how do I get a 1:1 printing on my Epson

Start the plot command

Pick your printer

pick the letter size for paper size

in Plot Area, use the drop down, pick Window, pick a window around your pillow block

under plot scale set it to 1mm to 1 units

pick OK