Binding only one instance of an XREF...

EntDraught

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where it would be expedient for me to be able to bind only one instance of an xref and leaving the others intact. I have to do this for several different x-refs. Is this possible in Autocad 2008? If I use the xref manager I can only see an option to bind the entire reference.

Thanks!

Not possible the way you describe. You can however have the same XREF with different names and bind just one. You would have to erase the one that you want to bind. Rename the other ones and then insert and bind the desired file.

Okay, was trying it out and realize I'm not sure how to rename an x-ref when it's already inserted....

Thanks for the input so far Rob... I appreciate it..

I ended up just doing a temporary fix to get this project out... saving a backup copy of the master drawing then binding all the xrefs and cutting and pasting the portion I need back into the main drawing.