A4 HP printer not printing to scale

Sarah_H

We have a number of printers in our office, an A3, an A1 plotter and an A4 printer.

After printing off the same drawing to the A3 and the A4 yesterday, I realised the A4 printer is printing around 95% of the size it should be printing :(

I don't even know where to start fixing this problem; the user manual for the HP Officejet Pro 8000 Enterprise [i know!] doesn't even reference scale at all. It could be an issue with

• CAD linking to the printer
  • my computer linking to the printer
  • the printer

My colleagues are having the same issue, so it's not just my computer or settings.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thanks in advance

Is this a PDF that you are printing out?

No, it's from CAD.

I've just solved the problem, by calibrating the printer through CAD. I went through the 'properties' button next to the printer/pc3 file name then Device and Document Setting > User Defined paper sizes and calibration > Plotter calibration

There's a wizard to calibrate to the correct height and width *phew*

Is it worth leaving my thread here in case future users have a similar problem? I can mark the thread as solved.

CADTutor lacks that particular feature. The thread remains and I'm sure someone else down the road will benefit from it.

Glad to hear your problem has been solved and thanks for sharing the solution with us.