Problem with terminal numbers

Srinkoo

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Autocad Electrical and to this forum. I need small help from you all.

I am using Square with Terminal Number(HTC0001). I am trying to insert number in this square. Can I do it? If yes, How? If no, can you tell me is there any way that I can insert number in that terminal.

Thanks in advance

Srinkoo

I think you will need to modify the original block to either relocate the attribute ReMark indicated or add a new attribute of your own.

Probably the easiest way is to open the block definition using BEDIT and move the attribute. Exit the block editor, saving changes then ATTSYNC the block. If this is to be used in all future uses of the block you should then WBLOCK it out to the symbol library. If it is only for this drawing set you can use Design Centre to pull in the new definition from the modified sheet.

and for the record, HTC0001 displays the number outside the square here too but as the text is the same height as the square it would make no sense to put it inside

What other settings would have to be edited? All you would be doing is moving the location of the attribute wouldn't you?

Dbroada,

As I am new to this.Can you give me step by step procedure on how to insert a number in any ( square, triangle, .. ) terminal.

Thanks in advance

Do I need to edit any other settings

I would reduce the height of TERM01 and make it centre justified but leave everything else alone

I can only do this quickly but highlight one of your HTC001 blocks and type BEDIT

locate the TERM01 attribute and move it to the middle of the square. Note there are a lot of other attributes that look to be in the way but just ignore them.

While that attribute is still highlighted call up the properties palette. Modify the justification and height to suit. I am metric so you will have to find the best size yourself.

Close the block editor.

type ATTSYNC and click on the block you have just modified.

Having done all that I find electrical doesn't always let you keep modifications to blocks. You may find they have all reverted back to OOTB spec when you do a renumber. I never found out why.

BEDIT

Select a block reference. Right-click in the drawing area. Click Block Editor. Make your edits. Close the block editor. You'll be asked if you want to save your changes. Answer "yes".