Create a curved oval solid

Deaneric

I have attached an image of the chair i'm modelling, I need to create the back and seat but can't find a way of modelling the curve feature. I can create the oval shape and extrude to 3d, fillet the edges etc but can't curve it. Any advice would be much appreciated I'm new to 3D Modelling

Thanks

Giggle Chair.jpg

You can extrude that shape more than his total height, draw its projection on back plane, extrude that to front and retain the common part (command INTERSECT). Next you may fillet the edges.

Thanks MSasu,

Can you explain what "draw its projection on back plane" means? bear in mind i'm really new to 3d cad :)

I created a picture for you - the back projection is the red shape, while the result of intersection command is in blue:

scaun.gif

Hope that is clearly this time.

Sorry to be a pain, but i can't seem to create back projection as a solid, i draw the arc and lines and then extrude but it only extrudes as a shell?, sorry if this is really basic.

You should create a closed polyline from those simple entities - align the UCS on said plan and check the PEDIT command.