AutoCAD 2008 - 3D model looks like a disaster - HELP

KennyJ

I'm having major issues with 3D in Autocad 2008. I do not know what to do to fix this issue. I have messed around with some of the settings and updated my video drivers but my models still look like crap. I'm posting in hopes that someone will have some good suggestions on how to fix this. I have a major project due soon and what you see in the picture below is how I have been working I can not take it anymore! Please HELP!

Screenshot

3d_model.jpg

Speccy Output

CAD.txt

Well why don't you start off by telling us what the specs are for your computer. Be as specific as you can regarding your graphics card too.

Can you post a copy of your drawing file or a portion of it depending on the file size limitations here at CT?

Can you also provide some information regarding your software too?

What OS and what version? Example: Win7-Pro 64-bit

Is your version of AutoCAD current with all service packs?

When you have AutoCAD up and running what other programs are running in the background? Antivirus? A music player? Your browser?

Another question.

Have you made any changes via the 3DCONGIG command and the Manual Tune feature inside AutoCAD itself? If so, what changes did you make?

Funny. When I first clicked on that it came up as "0" bytes so I thought it was a mistake.

I'm waiting on the remainder of the info requested re: 3DCONFIG and what other programs are running in the background. At the moment I'm thinking it must have something to do with the graphics card.

All PC Specs are in the CAD.txt file attached under the OP image.

No changes have been made in the 3DCONFIG Dialog. Any suggestions what to change?

I'm usually only running Google Chrome in the background so I can check my emails as they come in. I been trying to keep the apps running to a minimum because of this problem.

One thing worth mentioning is, If I copy and paste my model to a new file it looks fine until I make a handful of edits then it starts to look like the image I posted again.

One thing does pop out at me. You have an computer that is running Windows XP Pro 32-bit but you have 8GB of RAM installed? Is that right? If so what tweaks did you make to the system so it would recognize the additional RAM over 4GB?

The machine does not recognize the additional 4Gig of memory. We originally planned on running WIN 7 X64, but had a lot of compatibility issues with our vinyl printers so were running WIN XP.

Original Screenshot posted to CADtutor

3d model.jpg

Just out of curiosity have you also suffered any performance problems with this system as well? Perhaps a tad too slow?

The nVidia 600 is really considered an entry level graphics card although it does support OpenGL 4.0 and DirectX11.

Do you have hardware acceleration enabled or disabled?

The nVidia 600 is really considered an entry level graphics card although it does support OpenGL 4.0 and DirectX11.

Do you have hardware acceleration enabled or disabled?

I can't find the option to enable or disable hardware acceleration. so i'm not sure.

I have not noticed the pc being "a tad slow."

Re: hardware acceleration. 3DCONFIG > Manual tune > at top of Manual Performance Tuning window.

Re: slow. Since, in theory, a 32-bit computer can only address, without some tweaking, 4GB (more like 3.2GB actual) RAM could the additional 4GB of RAM be hindering performance? Could test that theory simply by pulling out two sticks and see what happens.

Hmmmmm......obviously I missed an important piece of information. You have two 4GB modules as opposed to four 2GB modules. So pull one stick of RAM out and see what happens.

Edited by ReMark