Draftsight problem with printing pdf

caddummy119

Hi guys. Hoping someone can help me out. I am using Draftsight to do some very basic drawings. I am not a cad guy nor do I intend to be anytime in the near future but this project is really important. Any assistance would be appreciated. Question is this.. In some of my drawings but not all, when I convert to PDF for printing my colored hatches show up in black and white. In the display-- blue. In PDF black and white while filled rectangles show up in color. Anyway, if some body could help a dumb jerk out it would be greatly appreciated.

I have renamed your thread title to something a little more appropriate.

And since this is not an Autocad question, I have moved it to a more suitable area of the forum.

Thank you for the direction Cad64. It is much appreciated. I am trying to be respectful of the fact I am among a group of professionals and asking for help. I am trying to save my color hatches and boxes in PDF but when converted they go to black and white. However, it tells me even a zip file of the drawing is too large to upload.

Yes..I am using DraftSight, a knockoff version. When I convert it goes to black in white in portions. In other words certain parts of the drawing are in black and white and certain parts in color. I am just giving the export command and then saving as a PDF.

Just a thought: look in the System Options under Printing/Default Settings. If you post the settings here, then maybe someone can see what's missing.

ReMark m8 heads up, you did read "I am using DraftSight, a knockoff version" and you do know what that means ? (knockoff= not legal version)

• 1 year later...

I had a similar problem where ALL layers went black when converting to PDF.

Fix:

In the properties dialogue box, with nothing selected, under 'PrintStyle' > 'Table' I changed the selection from 'monochrome.ctb' to 'none'.

Alternative quick fix:

Copy and paste all the entities of the drawing (i.e. select all) into another drawing, which may have different print settings.

• 9 years later...

Draftsight Problem - PDF output has gray areas within color filled entities. Gray not visible in model or layout views only after printing to PDF file.

Solution - Convert color(s) from gradient to solid color as follows:   

1. Click Draw > Hatch/Fill (or type FillArea).

2. In the Hatch / Fill dialog box, select Fill.

3. Configure the Colors of gradients by clicking One color or Two colors, selecting a a color by clicking , and applying the Dark Light slider.

Note: To create a uniform solid fill, click One Color, then enter 50 in the field next to the Dark-Light slider.