DraftSight not welcome?

fostertom

New computer, 64bit, old faithful Acad2006 won't run, so switching to DraftSight - looks just the same! I will be v sad to not have CadTutor to turn to - is it 'don't upset Adesk' policy to not have a DS section?

I doubt it, given there is a Microstation forum. There is probably jsut not the number of threads/discussions that warrant a forum solely for Draftsight.

Suggestions? Yes, post your DraftSight questions here at CADTutor. Who knows what may happen, maybe you'll generate some interest. I have both AutoCAD and DraftSight on two desktop computers and just DraftSight on my laptop.

Thanks ReMark. Where do you think I should post - under Catch all, or Design Software? Seems to be a bit on both (that's why I thought a definite DS section ...)

Either of those two forums would be appropriate, but it's still a design software so that would be a more relative place to post.

New computer, 64bit, old faithful Acad2006 won't run, so switching to DraftSight - looks just the same! I will be v sad to not have CadTutor to turn to - is it 'don't upset Adesk' policy to not have a DS section?

If I am not mistaken, you could get LONGBOW, which might enable you to run it.

I've never used it, but you should probably look into the possibility. :)

• 2 years later...

I am new to this Forum and I would like to discuss on both Software. I have done good amount of research in DraftSight and I am ready to answer questions if any.

I hate to repeat myself but inquiring minds would like to know.......

... is there a command in DS equivalent to AutoCAD's -dwgunits?

I am new to this Forum and I would like to discuss on both Software. I have done good amount of research in DraftSight and I am ready to answer questions if any.

I've asked the same question twice. I am not trying to trip you up. In the course of trying to help another forum member I mentioned AutoCAD's -dwgunits command. Typing this into the command line of DS returns "Unknown command" and I cannot think of what the makers of DS would have used for their equivalent command if one does indeed exist. Can you shed any light on this? Your help would be appreciated not only by the forum member I speak of but by myself as well. I await your response. Thank you.