Autocad SectionPlane

sandipurwo

I am using autocad mechanical 2012 and it's the 1st time i know sectionplane icon.

But when i click sectionplane, autocad response like this :

Command: _sectionplane Unknown command "SECTIONPLANE". Press F1 for help.

anyone help me please. .

no, i never change my CUI setting. i've tried to reinstal my autocad 2012 but still error. Should I complain to autodesk and telling this error?

I would have recommended a REPAIR before attempting a REINSTALL. Complaining will do no good. Your post is the first I have come across mentioning this problem. If it were widespread I'm sure we would have seen it here before now.

And what happens if you type the command in at the command line? Do you get the same response?

This problem crops up here when we are using non English language versions of Autodesk products.

I received the following advice from Autodesk:

Change the Support search path von "C:\XXX\autocad civil 3d 2013\support\de-de" to "C:\XXX\autocad civil 3d 2013\support\en-us"

You will need to change 'autocad civil 3d 2013' for your product version and the 'de-de' refers to a German language version product. I did it on all of our seats for Civil 3D 2013 and all of the 'unkown command' messages disappeared immediately.

Just as an aside the acad.pgp file that came with 2013 German language versions is different to what we have been used to and that had to be replaced in the user area to get our usual shortcuts back.

Tyke, I tried to repair but still unknown command. Typing in command line also read as unknown command.

ReMark, I am using mechanical. I dunno wht do u mean, do u mean coppying files from de-de to en-us? I only find en-us :(

• 3 months later...

Sorry, , i'm too long to respond. .i can't find en-us file or folder in support folder.

I find en us folder here : C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2012\en-US

and it's the location of my support folder : C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2012\Support.

I only find it in my options menu : C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2012\Support, that's location of support folder, isn't it? but mine doesn't contain en-us folder. . how?

My suggestion, three months ago, was to try a REPAIR of your installation. The option to do so is available through the Windows Control Panel.

i've tried ur suggestion, i even deleted my autocad and installed it again. But not worked.

Now i find something strange, bacause i am installing autocad mechanical, i have both autocad and autocad mechanical. I can use section plane in autocad, but it's unknown command in autocad mechanical.

All of the vertical products like Mechanical, Architecture or Civil 3Dl include Autocad Vanilla as part of the installation.

It is not a mistake.

You should have had it previously too.

Better to have it than not, eh? :)

Edited by Dadgad