inputting imperial units

Im having trouble inputting imperial units for my line lengths. It works fine when i type 4-3/4 it gives me a line that is 4 and 3/4 of an inch long. Can i only input values in inches or is it possible to input something say 4' 4-3/4 ??

Thanks

It looks like you want to enter architectural units.

Set Units type to Architectural. At the command line enter your distance like this:

4'4-3/4

im not sure. What are architectural units? Basically in the end when i dimension a line i want it to output the value in feet and inches. Ive taken a bunch of measurements some are a few inches and some are a few feet just wondering if there's an easier way to input them as opposed to converting everything to inches (just being lazy). Plus its kind of a hassle for our millwrites to look at something that is 79" instead of 6' 7"

Type UNITS at the command line and select Architectual from the length type drop down menu. This way you can input lengths like this 6'7".

Then to dimension in these units, type DIMSTYLE at the command line, click on the Primary Units tab, and select Architectual from the Unit format drop down.

Is this what you are looking for?

I can't believe you just asked "What are architectural units?" Hint: feet and inches.

Type the UNITS command at the command line then press Enter.

At the UNITS dialog window look under the heading for "Type". Select "Architectural".

Specify the Precision below that. I would expect 0'-0 1/16" to be good enough.

Click on the OK button.

You're done.

Go to work.

I don't think we've gotten as far as dimensioning yet. I think we are still trying to draw to the correct length.