• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeP

• ReMark

• SAFeSTeR

• JPlanera

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't this be done via the PUBLISH command?

Tried it. I do not see how to select a PDF as a plotter. unless you know something I dont

Can't this be done via the PUBLISH command?

Yes, works for me, I use AutoCAD LT 2011, so unsure if it's available in 2009.

CTRL select all the layouts, right click and select 'Publish selected layouts'.

Select 'PDF' from the 'Publish To' drop down menu.

Click 'Publish'.

Select save destination and click 'Select'.

Edit: This will add them all to one PDF. Might be useful to make sure the layouts all have the same plot setup.

Yes, works for me, I use AutoCAD LT 2011, so unsure if it's available in 2009.

CTRL select all the layouts, right click and select 'Publish selected layouts'.

Select 'PDF' from the 'Publish To' drop down menu.

Click 'Publish'.

Select save destination and click 'Select'.

Edit: This will add them all to one PDF. Might be useful to make sure the layouts all have the same plot setup.

what is the file type it creates? the only option I have is to create a .DSD WTF is that?

Have you clicked on the Publish Options button in the Publish window?

have you checked that window yourself? There is nothing in the publish options that relates to PDF.

what is the file type it creates? the only option I have is to create a .DSD WTF is that?

The AutoCAD version I use allows me to publish or send all layouts to PDF or a plotter, perhaps yours doesn't?

I have no idea what a .dsd file is, but try searching this site or Google for an answer :)

The AutoCAD version I use allows me to publish or send all layouts to PDF or a plotter, perhaps yours doesn't?

I have no idea what a .dsd file is, but try searching this site or Google for an answer :)

hmm, i searched what a dsd is. prob the most useless thing i can come up with.

You could create a custom Page setup and import it in to publish, i think.

how do i do that. i dont see how to export a layout

Looks like your computer could use an upgrade too. 32-bit? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and figure you forgot to update your computer specs.

Does 2009 have a PUBLISHCOLLATE command? I can't recall. Nevermind. Pretty sure it can't handle what you want to do.

What if there was a way you could export each layout as a drawing then print everything as a PDF. LaystoDWG.lsp would do it. *WARNING* - The lisp routine deletes the layouts so I would not attempt doing it this way without making a copy of the drawing.

Find the lisp routine here...http://www.jtbworld.com/lisp.htm

This is how I have done it in the past:

Create a new drawing and go "Layout1". Ctl+P to open the Plot dialog box and set it up how you want it to print. Select your plot style, printer, etc. Then click Add... under page setup and name this to Publish PDF or to whatever you like. At this point you can click "cancel", the page setup is already saved. Save this new drawing.

Now you can go back in to PUBLISH and select all the layouts you want to print. Select the down arrow that appears under page setup and select import. Navigate to the drawing you just created and select it. The page setup will apply to all the layouts. You should be good to go at this point!

Edit: Forgot to mention, save the drawing the same as the page setup name to avoid confusion.

The PUBLISH command in 2009 is quirky.

I am using 2009 and the PUBLISH command along with PUBLISHCOLLATE worked just fine at first, then for some unknown reason it stopped working as it should, and would not allow choosing a template "page set up" drawing as a default.

I did a search on Google and found that other 2009 users were experiencing problems with PUBLISH.

By my own reasoning it appears that it is something to do with PUBLISH mis-handling page set up's particular to named layout tabs.

Now, I use a long winded way. I have a lisp that deletes page set ups and I wrote a simple lisp to define the print settings that I need. I then run both lisps on multiple drawings using a batch lisp program. Then I use PUBLISH using (None) as the default name.

PUBLISCOLLATE also does not work as it should. I still get single, not merged PDF's, so if I require merging, I have to merge the PDF's with a 3rd part program. Gosh!

I tried PUBLISH on 2010. Works just fine.