AutoCAD Electrical 2010 BOM issue

stewarc6

Hi there,

I am trying to attempt the count of objects in my schematic. However, the output is nothing short of inaccurate counts and the blocks not being recognized. The BOM report is generating 40 of “XXX”. Can someone expand on why this is happening or suggest a fix?

Thanks!

sWQh7.png

Was the BOM project wide or just for the active drawing?

Report was ran on the active drawing, but I get 3,000 for the "XX" qty if I run the entire project. :(

Edited by stewarc6
specified what 3k was referring to

I see no entry for tag numbers. And what happened to the catalog numbers? Are you using your own symbols?

Can you post a screenshot of your Schematic Reports dialog window so we can see what options you checked off?

Im sorry, I went through and check marked all of the available fields that the report generator gave me. I saved a .xls report and attached it for reference, then I defaulted back to just the Item and Qty fields to report in my initial post.

Here is a screen shot of what I can add into the report. I did run this, however, and the results were still the same. I got different listings for tags, but the qty still sits at 40.

What do you mean when you ask, "are you using your own symbols"?

yBcNF.png

BOM_all.xls

I expected to see a reference to a catalog number / manufacturer such as 700-P400A1 AB or AN16DN0AB EATON.

Right, and that is what I am looking for. Could you give me a few reasons why there isn't any information populated in the catalog number? Maybe some things that I can check up on and try to diagnose what is going on here?

Thank you, by the way, for your help. It is much appreciated.

When I ran the Electrical audit, it reported 140 errors. Give me a few days to decipher the output of the audit and how it would affect the results of the BOM report.

.. Unless you want me to post the Electrical Audit results bc of something you are looking specifically for.

Thanks again for your help!