Helical Gear Tooth Profile

wasim khan

i want to draw helical gear in autocad 2010. any one tell me how to draw helical gear tooth frofile in autocad.

thanks.

wasim khan

Hi wasim khan,

With regards to your query above - I am not entirely sure what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to draw a plan view of a gear with teeth - I would suggest the best way to do this is:

01 - to draw the circle of your gear

02 - create a block of one of the teeth butting onto the circle

03 - divide the circle by this block by the number of teeth you require. This will automaitcally create the teeth for you around the circle you originally created. To do this enter DIV into the command prompt, then select original circle, hit enter, then type 'b' for block and hit enter again, then enter the name of your block you created for the teeth and hit enter, align objects with object - yes, then enter the number of teeth you require.

Hope this helps.

i want to draw helical gear in autocad 2010. any one tell me how to draw helical gear tooth frofile in autocad.

wasim khan, perhaps you could use an array. Draw the helix, then draw one tooth at start position. Use ARRAY command, PATH option and select the helix that you need the teeth to run along. You'll probably get more help if you start a new thread with your questions.

Edited by SLW210

Is this for 2D or 3D?

Is this just for show or for manufacture?

If you are a student you can download Autodesk Inventor for FREE 3-yr student learning license.

There is a gear generator in Inventor that makes this much easier.

Helical Gear.jpg

• 1 year later...

hopefully the method I uploaded will help you. Later, RT.

thanks.

wasim khan