Text Won't Rotate

bachrock

Or a MULTILEADER style?

It should be mtext as that's what properties tells me and that's the command I remember using. Plus, I didn't know about mleaders when I was doing the addresses.

how about try an explode on the mtext....then convert it back to mtext with the express tools? Just a shot....

I have express tools, but I'm not sure how to do this.

You have selected "Match Text Orientation to Layout" in Text Style.

For already created Mtext this will need to changed through properties. I have attached my file and your original.

P.S.

I deleted some AEC objects from yours and -PURGED everything file got LARGER. So I WBLOCKED the text to a new file and file size much smaller. I think may be some problems in your drawing. Do you use a third party app or recieve files from vertical programs?

For already created Mtext this will need to changed through properties. I have attached my file and your original.

P.S.

I deleted some AEC objects from yours and -PURGED everything file got LARGER. So I WBLOCKED the text to a new file and file size much smaller. I think may be some problems in your drawing. Do you use a third party app or recieve files from vertical programs?

Ah, I just need to switch a YES to a NO. Thanks Hulk and everyone else for helping.

• 9 years later...

Hi @SLW210

Sorry for not explaining clearly.
Text with content: De-rotation. Has the Rotation property Disabled. it can rotate by Ro command. But can't rotate by property. And the property does not represent its current rotation.
you don't have this problem with both lines of text!?

Looks like you have a question also on Autodesk Forum.

As was explained there,  at one time it was annotative, you need to make it annotative again and set "Match orientation to layout" = NO.

It will work then.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Looks like you have a question also on Autodesk Forum.

As was explained there,  at one time it was annotative, you need to make it annotative again and set "Match orientation to layout" = NO.

It will work then.

As one Autodesk Elite member answered. This seems to be a software bug.
It needs to change Match orientation to layout=No
before changing Anotation=No.
Thanks

Maybe see if there is an available LISP to change them if you have a few of these.

You should be able to put the text style to back to Annotative, then deselect "Match orientation to layout", then make the Style nonannotated.

Main reason I don't use Annotation very much, saving to a lower version always seemed to have glitches, you would think it would be better by now.

Of course. This is a Lisp function written by CADffm of Autodesk forums. In the topic "rotation locked on property box".
This guy seems to be quite funny :v. (Or I just came on his free time)
Ps: In the project I'm working on, most people don't use the Annotation scale. I also limit its use to be able to connect with others. But in a rather humorous situation. When they created 2 layers for 2 different scale ratios. So I used the scale annotation.

AOO-AnnoOrientOFF.LSP

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/23/2023 at 12:09 PM, DavideOsas said:

I absolutely Need and answer to this question as well very fast

In my experience multitext won't rotate properly for one of two reasons. One, if it's annotative, you have to delete all of the scales but one, rotate the text properly, and add back all the other scales. I avoid annotative styles for this reason.

The second reason is, someone created the text in a non-universal coordinate system. It will rotate properly in that UCS but not in any other.