tolerance hole for ledge angle_detailing question

newbie_ngano

detailing question:

what's the tolerance hole for 1/2 expansion anchor on a continuous ledge angle? second, whats the acceptable length for this continuous ledge angle (L4X3X3/8)?

thanks.

I would size the hole at 5/8" diameter. No idea about the length. I'd have to see exactly where this angle is being used.

Thanks ReMark for the quick response. L4X3X3/8 cont. with 3/4" dia. exp anchor with 4 3/4" pen bolted to CMU @ 36" o.c.to support a roof deck. what would be the acceptable or standard length for this? or should i keep it continuous between beam to beam which is 24' part?

Are you going to be using resin capsule anchor bolts?

What is your purlin size?

What is the spec on the roof decking?

Can you post an image of your ledger angle detail?

Edited by ReMark

newbie: I'm waiting on some answers here. Hellooooooooo?

No response. Well, I would spec a 7/8' diameter hole for a 3/4" diameter bolt. I might also spec a 6x4x3/8" angle for the ledger but since you don't say exactly what is being supported other than the decking I can't say for sure. I think I would also put my bolts 12-18" O.C. but again, without some further information, that too is just a guess.

Edited by ReMark

sorry, i'm back. The spec. notes L4X3X3/8 cont. with 3/4" dia. exp anchor with 4 3/4" pen @ 36" o.c. (to support the metal rook deck). Maybe sleeve or wedge anchors. I can't figure out how to attached image here. :(

To attach an image first start by clicking on the Go Advanced button. At the next screen click on the Paperclip icon. Find, upload then attach your image. Please include at least ten text characters for the post to be accepted.

W24X62 beams. I was depending on whats the acceptable length to figure out how many pieces are needed. Is it 1/8" or 1/4" gap between angles? With max 6" - min 2" space from the end of the angle to the first? hole.