Other CAD software, and more, free solutions.

Fusioneko

I may or may not, be pulling some CAD software, looking around, it's all very expensive, especially on a personal budget, considering that I'm not int he employ of a company, with such budget to spend.

I'm looking for some sortware that is.. possibly affordable, I believe I'm looking for something that is 2D based, and I think the coined term is LT, which is LinearTechnology.

I'd love to find any solutions, to this, I've done some light searching, but it is difficult. I don't expect much of an answer, I've seen AutoCAD, and I especially like it. (But $1,200 is not within my personal budget!)

Oh well.. I was searching around and somehow LT became Linear Technology on one of the CAD sites I found. Maybe it's just for them?

Check out DraftSight. There are other options but they will cost you some money however it would be nowhere near as much as full AutoCAD or even AutoCAD LT which now has a suggested list price of $1200. Examples include Bricscad, progeCAD and IntelliCAD just to name a few. Oh, and there is ZWcad (Chinese) and nanoCAD (Russian) if you like your software to have a foreign flavour.