Multiple layer Blocks

dabrot791

Hello, new to the forum but have been scouring the internet to no avail.

My problem is this... working with blocks, I want to be able to simple turn on and off certain layers of the blocks appropriate for the work I am doing at the time. However, no matter how I construct my blocks, on what layer i made them or insert them, I can only get one layer to turn on and off freely. Is there something I am missing with blocks to get it to work more smoothly?

Example... a door block with swing and frames. When you want to hatch a floor pattern, you have to click inside and outside the swing arc to hatch, and even then... there should be a line across the frame to close the opening... I just want to turn off the door and swing line, keeping the door frame and threshold line to make hatching easier... What am I missing?

I have now become familiar with dynamic blocks in the past half hour, but to no avail. I have a corridor of many doors and I want to turn off the door panel of the block for all of the doors all at once, as well as the doors for other blocks (obviously they would have to be set up on the same layer as well). With the dynamic block, I can only seem to turn on and off the layers for individual blocks.

Have you tried Dynamic Blocks? You can embed all this functionality if you explore this option.