Irregular Lines in an XREF file

khair

Hi,

in one of my XREF files, a lot of lines of which i believe are the outlines for the blocks, suddenly appear in my drawing. The funny thing is when i open the xref, the file dissapears. any ideas?

here's the link for the files:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/947lww

i didnt have time to figure out how to delete my attachment.

Thanks in advance!

XGIC_ME100S_FPB1_WOPN_0002.dwg

sparkyuk,

here's the attached picture of the problem i'm encountering.

Funny thing is when i tried to convert the dwg to pdf, the lines disappears. Perhaps that could give you some clues..

block lines problem.jpg

I am not seing those lines at all, I did notice you haveUnreconciled new Layers might pay to sort that out see if it cures it ?

They look a bit like image frames.

Check your IMAGEFRAME value in both drawings, try setting it to 0 in the destination xref to see if they disappear, and to 1 or 2 in the xref to see if they appear.

Check your references dialogue box to see if you have references (probably pictures) that it can't find.

dJE

The funny thing is when i open the xref, the file dissapears.

or do you mean the lines disappear?

I can't download the file. That site is probably blocked. So, I can't be sure about this but those look like they might be proxy object bounding boxes. You may need object enablers.

or do you mean the lines disappear?

I can't download the file. That site is probably blocked. So, I can't be sure about this but those look like they might be proxy object bounding boxes. You may need object enablers.

+1

That's what I was thinking.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Im back! with the same problem unfortunately.lines!!!!.jpglines!!!!.jpg

Can i send the acad files through email instead, if anyone would be so kind? The files are to big to be uploaded here..

Thank you

I doubt that's the issue, as it was only that particular dwg that have such problems when i Xref the archi background. all the other drawings work perfectly.

In any case, what to do regarding this Object Enablers? I have no clue what its all about. All i know is that I've set the options to auto-check for any enablers online.

has it got anything to do with me using Autocad LT?