AutoCAD LT 2012 running slow, hardly using any memory

plrob

Hi, I am having trouble with AutoCAD running slow with large drawings (over 2000 objects). I'm not a computer wizz, so not sure where to check all the system stuff, but here's some screen shots to help:

Resource Monitor.jpg

These shots were taken while CAD was frozen. The rest of the computer was working with no problems, no other program freezing, and the same thing happens with many other programs running, or nothing running, .dwg on the server or on local memory.

seems to me there is plenty of memory available, but AutoCAD is not using it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Task Manager.jpg

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit O/S, Intel Core i7-2630QM cpu @ 2.0GHz, 8GB ram, in a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Graphics: Mobile Intel HD Graphics & Radeon HD 6770M

Not sure if there are any other specs to find, let me know what and I'll try to find out how to find it.

This happens with any reasonable size drawing.

Running 'AcadInfoCenterOff', supposed to totaly disable InfoCenter.

Seems to be OK with files up to around 500 kb, but I commonly work with files around 1 to 5 mb, and some files from 10 to 50 mb, may be bigger at times, involving xref, PDFs, and dozens of layouts. (generaly just plotting from the largest ones)

What driver you running for the Radeon?

Can you get a screen shot of the Task Manager before it crashes using the same file?

Do you have Hardware acceleration On or OFF?

Your graphics are being handled by an onboard chip and not a dedicated graphics card. Correct?

He has a Radeon HD 6770M.

I disagree with the above and would only Repair or Reinstall if all other avenues to solve the problem have been explored and discarded first.