Wheel mouse button

briancremin

Hi All,

I have a Microsoft wireless notebook laser mouse 6000 and I can not pan using the middle button for some reasion. I have tried to change the variable in the MBUTTONPAN comand from 0 to 1 and it made no difference. Can anyone help me?

Check your Mouse properties to find out what your middle mouse button is set to. It should be something like Button 3/Middle Button or something along those lines.

Finally I (might) be able to HELP someone here for a change.

I had this problem with a Logitech mouse at a job I had. The solution I found was to go to Control Panel > Mouse > and somewhere in there is the ability to click a button to have it work in the same way as a normal windows mouse. I tried doing it on my machine but I have a normal mouse so I can't find that option. Anyway, I hope that helps.

Jason

If you have the microsoft intellipoint software installed, open the mouse properties box and make sure the wheel button is set to 'Auto Scroll (Default)' This will do the trick.

• 4 years later...
If you have the microsoft intellipoint software installed, open the mouse properties box and make sure the wheel button is set to 'Auto Scroll (Default)' This will do the trick.

THANKS... had the exact same problem (MS mouse 6000) and it worked. Set it to "Auto Scroll" and BAM works. No more long searching through mouse settings or ACAD itself.

WOW... Auto Scroll = Generic button = Pan, who'd know.

Just as a note: there was one time, in an earlier version of ACAD, where the only place I could get the mouse to pan was a setting somewhere in ACAD itself but I have never been able to find it again, and I was most likely using a logitech mouse at the time.