Source arrow

Srinkoo

Hello,

I have been linking source and destination wires on my drawings successfully. Suddenly, I am not able to create a source arrow for wire, but able to create destination arrow. When am trying to create Source arrow, it is giving an error called HA1S1.dwg file not found. Does anyone know what the problem is??

Thanks in advance

Let's try this. Do a general search of your hard drive via Windows Explorer and see if you can find the file HA1S1.dwg.

Not sure why it would be there one day then gone the next though unless someone accidentally erased it.

Ok. Here is what my drawings are showing. In drawing #1, I have source arrow of block name HA1S1.dwg that is linked( destination arrow HA1D1.dwg) to other wire in drawing#2. When I am trying to add source wire (different wire not destination arrowed wire) in drawing #2 it is not letting me do.

the error it is giving me is file not found HA1S3.dwg in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autocad electrical 2013\r19.0\enu\support\user\ or

c:\users\username\desktop\ft ( folder where i save my dwgs )

I don't understand why you can do it in one drawing but not in the other. Makes no sense.

Do you even get to the Signal - Source Code dialog box?

if both drawings are in different folders the arrow may be stored locally. If they are in the same folder I can only assume that the source file got deleted after inserting it in the working drawing. That drawing may contain the only copy of it so now sounds like a good time to WBLOCK it from that drawing to your library folder.

Another thought, could the working drawing have been created on a different log in? As you are storing things on your C drive it could be hidden from you but available to a different user. And as you are storing files on your C drive I hope you have a good back-up system in place.

Dave,

Both drawings are in same folder. I am trying to make new source arrow, so there is no point of getting deleted. Working drawing with me logged in. I am able to create source arrows for other drawings which are in same folder but not to few other drawings of same folder.

Hello Dave and Remark,

I figured it out. I searched for source dwg file, copied it into the project folder. It is working fine.

Thank you to both of you

How to include the library in search path?? Now, when am trying to insert components its giving same kind of error. Help me!!!