Anyone know how to turn off dynamic input tooltip when using the Distance command?

MuckyMuckMan

Hi,

I have recently had my 2007 upgraded to 2010 and I'm finding it annoying that everytime I use the distance command the DYN button turns on and I get too much information on the screen as well as a little box I have to exit everytime. Does anyone know how to keep the DYN button switched off? I'm just happy to have the distance information in the command bar at the bottom.

Right click over DYN button and pick settings, pick settings for Dimension Input and uncheck some of those.

My guess is that MEASUREGEOM is being called rather than DIST, so you might try typing DI to see if it is set to DIST and use that or change it where ever you are calling it from a ribbon, tool palette, etc.

Yeah, its the measuregeom thing. When I type in Dist, the dyn fuction remains turned off. Does anyone know how to create a button for the DIST command?

I had this very same issue just last week.

If an icon doesn't already exist, open your CUI (type CUI :P). Locate the toolbars in the top section and right click and select a new toolbar. Give it a name, then in the lower part of CUI search the commands you want to add to the toolbar. Simply drag and drop the commands to your new toolbar and click OK.

Then you can add it like any other toolbar by right clicking within the toolbars area on screen and select your newly created one from the list (I think).