Complex Linetypes

Hi,

I am really new to AutoCAD and we are currently using AutoCAD 2007. I have managed to create a complex linetype with text. I have a DWG of the plan I need to lay utility cables on to. When I put a line with text into the model space, the text is really small so looks like a really small, continous line unless I zoom in until I can zoom in no more; I changed the scale so that the definition of the line and text was more visible (by changing linetype scale and lineweight) but when I go into the layout pages, the line just looks like a continuous thick line when I put the LWT on. If I return to model space and reduce scale and weight, it still looks like a continous, thick line. Really unsure of what to do here, as I said I am very new to AutoCAD. The page size is A1...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lauren

From your layout change the system variables PSLTSCALE to 1 and TILEMODE to 0.

Check out the system variable definitions in Express Tools.

Thanks, but I can't seem to locate the Express Tools anywhere, tried all drop down menus. I am on AutoCAD LT 2007, (Sorry, should have put that in my original query), if that makes any difference?

Thanks

Lauren

Lauren, if you are still trying to figure this out, you could probably post the linetype you created on the forum here. Then others can try it in the A1 paper size and provide more specific feedback....if it looks ok for others, it's the system variables. If not, it might just be the values in the linetype definition.