Exporting Drawing Data to Excel

3rdElle

Can you take text from a drawing and export it out to excel?

My thoughts are room numbers, employee names, department names, etc.

I need an excel spreadsheet showing this information to then upload to my CAFM Aapplication? Can this be done? How? Is there an alternative to obtaining a report from a drawing?

What criteria defines each sub-set of information? For example, are room numbers, employee, and department names each on a separate layer?

What format does your 'CAFM Application' require (if any)? Will something like a .TXT or.CSV be sufficient?

Have you looked into the DATAEXTRACTION Command? I don't use this myself, but I know it's useful for others.

What criteria defines each sub-set of information? For example, are room numbers, employee, and department names each on a separate layer? My workstations are blocks with various attributes. My CAFM application will not identify attriubutes. I need to export each workstation with all of its assigned criteria to a report.

What format does your 'CAFM Application' require (if any)? Will something like a .TXT or.CSV be sufficient? Excel would be ideal, but CSV

Have you looked into the DATAEXTRACTION Command? I don't use this myself, but I know it's useful for others.

Not yet but will explore soon.

DATAEXTRACTION is the way to go. I use it on drawings with Title Blocks. You can configure it to only use specific attributes, or items. There is a lot of flexibility there.

DATAEXTRACTION is the way to go. I use it on drawings with Title Blocks. You can configure it to only use specific attributes, or items. There is a lot of flexibility there.

............+1