ACAD to ACADE

Johnk

Hello,

I'm new here and to ACADE, I have used ACAD for a few years now and just started with a company creating electrical drawings with ACAD LT. Trying to learn the in/out’s of ACADE before switching to it.

Question:

1. We have several blocks that are inserted into every dwg and used time and time again. (Transformers for, Control PWR, PLC PWR,...). What's the best way to convert to ACADE and make a new block that I can add into ACADE and it will update with the drawing (Wire Numbering, Source,...)?

2. Should I just take one block at a time from ACAD and convert to ACADE and make that an individual block? The best way of doing it?

Thanks in advance, John

its a few years since I did the training and haven't really used ACADE since butisn't there an intelligent block editor that adds the necessary extra attributes to an existing block?

I can't recall what its called. If I remember when I get to work tomorrow I'll see if I can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

been a little while but I have found what I was looking for. Have a look at the symbol builder which will add all the necessay extra tags to an existing block. I haven't used it myself so can't comment on its efficiency. On my system it is found under Components|Symbol Library|Symbol Builder

Symbol Builder can be found on the Ribbon's Schematic tab > Other Tools panel and also on the Panel tab > Other Tools panel. You can also access via the command line by typing AESYMBUILDER. Symbol Builder works within the AutoCAD Block Editor environment.