Is there a Save setting that overrides the automatic date change on your folder?

gbuckley

I have mutiple folders with DWGs. Everytime I open to just view my DWG, even if I DON'T save anything it updates the date on the folder containing the DWG.

I'd like to override that automatic date change that happens to my folders. It would prevent me from looking into each folder to find out the Modified Last date. Is this even possible?

Thanks

Greta

Sounds like more of a Windows Explorer issue than an AutoCAD issue.

What date does it show changing? Sounds like you have "Date Accessed" being displayed instead of "Date Modified". Right-Click the bar that gives the column headers and set it to display the headers you want.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36169[/ATTACH]

You no doubt are aware that there is quite a range of available dates which can be selected to display on your folder details? By right clicking up in that row you can access all the options.

If you are opening a .dwg and you do not make any changes, then when you go to close it, and are asked if you want to save it, say no.

Meaning you want to keep the drawing as it was, it has not been altered, and does not need to be resaved.

Whoops, big green beat me to the punch! :beer:

lots of dates to choose from.jpg

The Date Modified is what changes on me. (even when I only open the DWG to view, NOT SAVE) making the folder read-only has been my only work around

Thanks