PC3 File Generation Problems

Kirchhefer

Hi,

I'm using AutoCAD 2002 on Windows 7, and I'm having trouble creating a PC3 file. I've used the Add-A-Plotter wizard, and gone through the usual procedure outlined on numerous websites. My ultimate goal is to plot to a TIFF file. After I've completed the procedure, the PC3 file does not appear in the "Plotters" folder. If, on the other hand, I go through the process again and select "TIFF Version 6 (Uncompressed)" as the plotter name, I'm informed that the file already exists.

The file cannot be seen by either AutoCAD or Windows Explorer. If, on the other hand, I go to the "edit plotter configuration," and click "save as," I do see the PC3 file. The icon has a little lock on it, which means it is not shared. I tried to share the file, but I'm told I cannot share the file (I'm the administrator, so the problem isn't the lack of "authority").

If anybody has a suggestion as to how I should fix this, or a work around, I would appreciate it very much.

Cheers,

Adam

Rename it "TIFF Version 6 (Uncompressed) - 2" or something. Or whatever you want... doesn't matter. See if at least that'll let you continue.