OSNAP settings in Inventor

Lateralg

Where are osnap settings, or their equivalent, in Inventor 2013?

Welcome to the forum. :)

I don't really know how to use it, but in INVENTOR FUSION there is an ICON in the lower right corner, looks like a series of linked red lines with SNAP POINTS.

Could it be that the snaps in INVENTOR are sort of autonomous, and always on by default?

You should never need to fool with them.

To get to them, while in sketch right click and select Constraint Options (or something like that - I'm not at my Inventor computer right now and as I stated in 10 years of using Inventor I never had to fool with them.

You should never need to fool with them.

To get to them, while in sketch right click and select Constraint Options (or something like that - I'm not at my Inventor computer right now and as I stated in 10 years of using Inventor I never had to fool with them.

That's good news and bad news. Good that there's apparently a way to do what I need to; bad that I have no idea how to do it.

When I right click > select snap points > I see only Midpoint, Center, Intersection as options.

I need endpoint, but don't see a way to get it. Maybe there's a way to expand the list of snap point options, but hours of searching haven't been fruitful.

Actually, I'd like the see the large menu available in AutoCAD.

How do you snap to points in Inventor?

Snapping to points is pretty much automatic. Like JD said, you shouldn't have to mess with it. Whether you're in the drawing environment or the sketch environment, snap to endpoint should be a default behavior of Inventor. Make sure you're not pressing CTRL when you click, and move your mouse around a little bit to make sure you get the green dot.

When I right click > select snap points > I see only Midpoint, Center, Intersection as options.

Then you are in a command if that is the screen you see. You need to be in the sketch environment but not in a command to get the Constraint Options dialog box that I was referring to.

You will use geometry constraints - not osnaps. Geometry constraints are persistent tangent remains tangent as you move geometry. The constraint you are looking for, coincident between two points remain coincident as you move geometry - more powerful than endpoint osnap.

The "large menu available in AutoCAD" should be top center of your screen labled Constraints.

What version of Inventor are you using? Are you really using Inventor or are you using that "product" called Inventor Fusion that should have never seen the light of day? If you are in the line command for example and you move close to another line endpoint you should see a green dot indicating a constraint will be applied.

Start here http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

and then go through the Help>Learing Tools>Tutorials

• 2 weeks later...

When in sketch mode right click and click on autoproject that should get that green dot he is talking about and will snap to enpoints. Did this answer you question?