Points, point styles and label styles

AstroNout

Hi guys,

I've got a set of suvey points, among a couple of height points. These are displayed by block-pointstyles in combination with a height label in another layer. De client wishes to get them into seperate layers. Is there a way to explode the points into blocks and text, so they stay into these pre-defined layers?

Example:

A storm drain is in a block DRAIN, on the layer DRA and the label is in a label on layer THT. So the points are drawn in layer DRA. Exploding the whole shabang finally should get the block DRAIN and a label in THT.

Thanks,

AstroNout

i don't see why if it's already drawn on the right layers, exploding will upset that?

do you know command BURST?

it's like EXPLODE but leaves all entities as visible before the block was destroyed.

One extra comment - the BURST command is part of Express pack, not a built-in one. So, the availability of this pack along your AutoCAD is mandatory.

However... Now I got another problem. I should insert a block and and point on the place of a survey point. Is that possible? And if so, when you explode the survey to get rid of the figures, the point should stay to be a point, and the other one a block.

Yeah I know, stupid, put if that's what the Belgian government wants, we shall provide :)

Some features like the side of the road, height points,... are specifically measured with a height. These points, being nodes of lines or the insertionpoints blocks, should be marked with a point.

I'm guessing the easiest way is to write a script for it?

Well, it should be a point at the end, so no Block. At the position of a storm drain there should be the symbol of a storm drain AND a point with a certain style A and layer B.

For survey points, elements of the side of the road, points should be inserted with style A in layer B.

All other survey points are ignored.