Still have trouble with loading hatches in AC2012LT

Ok.

I found acadltiso and acadlt

1. Copied the script ( numericals and commas and such)
  2. pasted them at the very end of both of these , one at a time
  3. saved to documents
  4. closed
  5. opened Program, no hatches.
  6. went back to acadltiso and acadlt....no script from the new hatches, just the ones that came with the program.

I know i am doing something wrong... any suggestions?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• netman

• ReMark

• hugha

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Imperial.

..... I am thoroughly out of my element. I had no idea i was editing anything. I was thinking a PAT file would just be a stand alone file. My error entirely.

As I told you twice before, you do not have to edit either of the AutoCAD PAT files to use the hatch patterns you downloaded.

What is the "path" to acadlt.pat?

What is the "path" to the your PAT files?

What units do you use when drawing? Metric or Imperial?

I have no idea what PATH. I use imperial for units.

I appreciate your patience but I am just not that savy about this. My ignorance in this is the stumbling block.

The "path" is the location of the acadlt.pat file. In a 64-bit system, using 64-bit AutoCAD, the path would look something like this:

"C:\\Users\\YourComputerNameHere\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 2011\\r18.1\\enu\\support\\acad.pat"

To find the path to the correct file type the following at the command line then press Enter.

(findfile"acadlt.pat")

Note that acadlt.pat is the hatch pattern definition file used when a drawing with imperial units.

...stupid question.... what command line in Internet Explorer or in the auto cad program?

The "command line" is a reference to AutoCAD not to Internet Explorer.

I was able to replicate what you are attempting to do on my Win7 64-bit system running AutoCAD 2011 (64-bit).

I just missed the whole thing.

Could you repost the instructions? I just missed the entire instruction thing yesterday.

These are the instructions I gave you in your previous thread:

I would move the PAT files to the same folder as your acadlt.PAT file is located in.

Once you have done that start AutoCAD and open your drawing. Invoke the HATCH command.

For "Type" select "Custom".

For "Pattern" click on the button with the three dots on it. You should be able to select the "Spandedmetal" hatch pattern from the list of available custom PAT files that you downloaded via the zip file.

Did you find the location of acadlt.pat? Yes/No/I'm still looking.

Please do me a favor and answer my questions the first time. Thank you.

I'll try that again. thank you so very much for the patience. My brain just does not work in these circles.

I'll post later if it all workls out. If not, I'll take a break and try it again.

Thank you.

Remark,

I can not even locate the PAT file.

I went to the Program files, found auto cad

typed in what you said and got a load of files with letters PAT in them... all cad files.

I am just lost with this and I really want to thank you for being a gem of guy for trying to help.

If i can't even find the files, what am I doing trying to load something.

Thank you again and i will try this another time when I am more adept at finding such basic things.

* in my business this akins to me asking someone to go rasie the anchor and they head for the HEAD!

Thank you again for all the patience....I will try this again later in the week when I learn a little bit more about the internal guts of this program.

This is probably NotePad's doing. It assumes that you want to create a .TXT file and defaults to that file extension on saving.

Look for ACADLT.PAT.TXT on your system, rename it to ACADLT.PAT and try again.

netman:

Please follow my instructions to the letter.

Start AutoCAD.

Go to your command line (at the bottom of your screen just above the Task Bar).

Now, type the following exactly as shown (including the parentheses and quotation marks): (findfile"acadlt.pat")

After typing this press the ENTER key.

Look at your command line. AutoCAD responds with the "path" (i.e. - the location of) to the hatch pattern file. We are NOT going to edit this file. We just want to know where the file is located. The path will look something like this (it won't be an exact match because our systems are different from each other but it will be close):

"C:\\Users\\YourComputerNameHere\\appdata\\roaming \\autodesk\\autocad 2011\\r18.1\\enu\\support\\acad.pat"

See where it says Support ? That is the folder where the PAT file will be found. See everything before that word? Each word or combination of words (ex. - autocad 2011) represents another folder. It is a main folder (Users) with a number of sub-folders below it. Basically you have to drill down through these series of folders to get to the right one.

Once you find the correct Support folder you move or copy the custom PAT files you downloaded to this folder. Are you with me so far?

Given that you said you found "a load" of PAT files I am assuming you have multiple AutoCAD LT programs installed on your computer. I believe you mistakenly edited the wrong PAT file initially and that is why you were unable to see the custom PAT files listed when you used the HATCH command.

I do not recommend editing the original acadlt.pat file. Either drop the custom PAT files into the right folder, individually, or group them in a file and give the file a unique name such as CustomHatch.PAT so you can find it easily when you have to.

Edited by ReMark

I doubt very much if that will work with AutoCAD LT which is what netman is wrestling with. No AutoLISP.

Netman, do a directory search for ACADLT.* inside Windows Explorer which you can start by pressing the Windows Key and the E key together.

Using your custom hatch patterns in AutoCAD 2012 LT via the Ribbon.

Home tab > Draw panel > Hatch button.

Hatch2012_1.PNG

Next...click on the down-pointing arrow on the Pattern panel. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the USER icon.

Hatch2012_2.jpg

Finally...look to the left. See the two new patterns listed? One is Diamondtread and the other is Spandedmetal. Select one to use. The rest should be easy.

Hatch2012_3.jpg