2013 sections not hiding anything

dumfatnhappy

I cut a section (or iso) and this is what I get no matter what combination of section styles I use. In the past I don't recall all this tesselation but not sure. The horiz. tank is an MVpart but the vert is just a solid. Not to mention I have no 'bylayer' option and this is all right out of the box.

I'm at my wits end !!:x

anybody?

no hide.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dumfatnhappy

• ReMark

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Might I also add I just started a new job after relocating to Florida :D the company only had a computer with an Invidea FX1700 and 2 gigs of ram..... curious if thats causing it. Will know more once I get my comp. set up at home (once I find it amonst all those damn boxes..... :unsure: )

Never would have thought to look there. My next guess would have been one of the VSOBSCURE system variables.

This is the kind of crap that really annoys the hell out of me. If it wasn't broken in the last release why did it malfunction in the new release? Makes no sense. And something like this happens with just about every new version. Don't we waste enough time trying to get the new features and commands to work without having to worry about something that has been part of the program for years? And they (AutoDesk) have the nerve to keep charging higher prices and higher subscription fees just the same.

what... you study this stuff every night? (how you know this crap is beyond me) Guess I should read that book.... course where it's packed I have no idea. I was panicking though....

Thanks for your help as usual!

I only know this stuff because someone else did all the hard work (i.e. - figured it out) and posted the answer here at CADTutor. I just rely on my memory and a good search technique to make it appear as though I know it. I really don't. Not like nestly or rkent.

Machine language...you wouldn't understand it. All zero's and one's. LoL

Seriously though, I think many people come up with search criteria that is so vague either they get few if any worthwhile results or they get overwhelmed by hundreds of thousands (even millions) of "hits". Where does one start to look then?

Hang around here for almost seven years and you're bound to learn something!:shock: That's my technique and I'm standing by it.:lol:

here's one for you, curious if you have the same trouble. I can't seem to grab the pipe nodes (connector) especially when in front of a solid (can't do crap that way)... I seem to recall typing in PPE or some such like an osnap.... any thoughts on that?

not quite what I need. for instance I'm trying to attach a flange to a piece of pipe and it wants to osnap to everything but the conector. the old days it would light right up. how do I make it do that?

Highlight? Selection Preview Effect. Options > Selection tab. Visual Effects button.

Or are you talking about AutoSNAP settings > Magnet (lock crosshairs onto nearest snap point)?

not what I'm askin, I want the node (connector) to light up or magnet like a grip when attaching componets together (then the triangles go away) ..... it used to do that