Editing Multi-Line Text

I use a lot of Multiline text, copy and paste that text to other areas of the floor plans that I draw, then edit the text. My problem is when I select the text for editing my cursors always appears in a different location other than Align left. Does anyone know of a setting that I may be missing to correct this problem. It just started doing that recently. After reading some of the post I realize how little I really know about AutoCad, you guys and gals really know this stuff.

I think someone ask me if I wanted the default setting on the multiline text to be Align Left and the answer is yes. When I create a new multiline text it always comes up as align left, but when I go to edit a multiline text that is when the cursor is always located in the middle of a word.

"MTEDIT" command will place the cursor at align left every time, but when I double click the text to edit the text, the cursor falls about 3 or 4 spaces to the right. Hope this

clarifies the problem I am having.

Welcome to the forum. :)

The location of the inserted editing cursor is not controlled by the justification setting of the mtext, but is controlled by the location of your cursor when you double click the mtext.

I find it to be very precise. If I double click on the left side of a letter, it will insert before the letter. If I double click on the right side of a letter it will insert behind that letter.

You can also select the mtext and then use the right click shortcut menu to select MTEXT EDIT function, and that should take you to the beginning of the MTEXT content.

You are absolute correct, it is very precise and also the selection and right click is very easy also. Was not a big problem, but it seemed to bug me. Again Thanks for your time.