penn foster oleson project

jimbobjewel

i have been working on my oleson project and strugling getting started along with going over and over the book. when i put in the benchmark and the bearing i quess i expect the line to become stationary from point 1 to point 2 at the angle of the coordinates entered. my first benchmark is 1421334.93,783207.62 and fron there it is @113.66'

any help anyone can give me to get started would really help

Did you happen to make any changes in the UNITS re: direction of East? The reference line you are drawing should point to the northwest. What direction is your line going in?

See post #56 in this thread for what things should look like.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?70055-Penn-Foster-Oleson-Village/page6

Edited by ReMark

i have started to make some headways. the way i was entering the angles wasnt correct. i was entering the first direction but wasnt ending it with an east or west. i have the property lines and the first 3 lots laid out. then did an offset for the road width and center line. Now im at the circle which im having trouble with. i offset the west property line but am struggling with the center coordinates of the circle.i am using a line command and click off to the side and when asked for second i enter the given coordinates and the line should meet some where on the extended centerline of the road to insure i have the center of the circle. i guess im not understanding how to enter the coordinates correctly .

remark if u read this the pages u sent me really helped thus far

thank u hope u can help some more

The circle is referred to as a cul-de-sac.

I would have to review the instructions but in the meantime I'm pretty sure this question may have been answered in a previous Oleson Village thread. Have you looked at any of them?

jimbob: Return to the link I posted earlier and view the images in post numbers 32, 82, 83 and 84. They might be of some help when it comes to creating the cul-de-sac.

Edited by ReMark

i thought i was do n good but im not so sure now. the benchmark coordinates and the center of the coordinates the benchmark coordinates\ is 1421334.93,783207.62 is way off the screen. from 1 side of the screen as the other around 1400. would u know if i have a setting wrong or something? I am looking at my settings since the coordinates given shouldnt b so far off to the west of the screen. or am looking fo something turned on i shouldnt have.

i just figured out that the value i c on the screen is the lenght so it stands to reason that the 1421334.93 is so far off the screen. i need to figure out how to change it to relative coordinates i think as to go to the coordinates given.

i am stuck in relative coordinates & need to go to absolute coordinates i think. the way the book says i need to use the # prefix but isnt give n me the coordinates but instead im stuck on relative (distance).

Do you have the benchmark located? Is there a line going to the center of the benchmark? If so, type the word LIST at the command line, press ENTER then select the line. Press the F2 key to bring yp the text window. The start and ending coordinates for the line will be displayed. What are they? I just need the X/Y not the Z.

i have been go n thru ur threads from b 4. i have the village laid out work n on the roads surrounding the village. got to the sidewalks and parking & need time to think that over because it doesnt sound right to me so i moved on for now.

so far a lot of my questions have been in ur ealier thread that u hooked me up with

THANKS

not meaning i wont find something else i get stuck on. so far it has been a pretty good drawing to work with

i have gotten to a stop where im have a little problem. try n 2 insert the tree s that i have into a block. i am choosing the block insert tab that brings up the block page, i select the tree and go and type in the x coordinates & the y coordinates the select ok. at the point the block page goes away but nothing is inserted at the coordinates.

does anyone know what i am do n wrong.

i will keep look n and try n

Maybe you are zoomed too far out to see anything inserted.

I did a quick test using AutoCAD 2012 and it worked for me whether I specified the insertion point inside the INSERT dialog window or I specified it at the command line. See example below.

InsertBlockbyCoords.jpg

Edited by ReMark

i put a line on the drawing using the coordinates listed and as i figured it was on the drawing. the pulled up the window as u suggested and the x,y coordinates were the same 1421083.84,783748.98. i tryed to insert a tree block use n the same coordinates inserting them in the coordinate windows with no luck.

do u have any ideas???

maybe i will redu the block. i do c the tree in the block window also

When asked to pick a block insertion point, such as that for your tree, in my opinion it is always a good idea to pick somewhere on or within the block itself. For your tree block I would use the center. Seems obvious but you'd be surprised at how many people elect to use 0,0,0 as the insertion point then wonder what happened to their block.

• 3 weeks later...

turned my project in & got a 100 on it

wanted to tell u thanks for the help and the site that u lead me to for help

sometimes when u get stuck all it takes is another person that can give some leads to get u thru

again thanks for the help