Zooming to a Scale (Eg Zoom 2xp)

If in Paper Space, entering into the viewport to zoom to a specific scale (factor), what is the easiest way to make sure I am using the correct scale factor?

ie a calculation? for example say I wanted a scale of 1:20 or 1:100?

thanks

Selecting it in your Properties palette is one option. I don't see the need to use the Zoom > Scale any more.

If you have your Viewports toolbar displayed you can select a scale from there too.

VP_Scale1.PNG

Another option: look at your Task Bar (lower left-hand corner of your screen).

You can also specify a viewport scale in Quick Properties too.

I'm with you, i'm getting confused with 1:500 being 2:1?! For whatever scale I want I can do it through the properties palette?

See previous posts.

If the scale is not on the list you can add it via the SCALELISTEDIT command. But I suppose you already know that right?

Yep that's fine, i was always taught 1000/Scale required = the required scale factor to zoom to? would you not bother with that method?!

Why is it confusing you? Did you start your drawing using the wrong template and now see a scalelist with unfamiliar scales?