Oleson Project

jcoots17

I am working on the oleson village project. I have read through all the other threads and can not find my answer.

When I am creating this drawing, I think I have my scaling wrong because it is so small when I zoom out doing the first step in setting up my benchmark, I loose the drawing.

I dont understand where I have gone wrong letting up the page.

It is not a scaling issue since you are drawing everything full size. It is a function of the limits Penn-Foster has decided to use as the basis for the drawing. If you do a zoom > extents then the subdivision appears as a tiny spec. This is very disconcerting to new users to say the least.

Thank you so much, I have figured this out and made it to the end. I am stuggling with the border where it says 24" x 36", this doenst make sense its to small. What am I doing wrong.

Nothing. What Penn-Foster is doing would be considered "old school" by many today. You'll draw the border normal size then scale it up to fit around the subdivision.

It would have been better had P-F introduced their students to the use of paper space layouts and viewports but they chose not to.