Modeling Operation Error: Inconsistent face-body relationships.

turboCAD

Hello!

I tried to slice a solid after a quite complex surface and received this error.

"The Boolean operation on solid and/or surface bodies failed.

Modeling Operation Error:

Inconsistent face-body relationships.

SLICE failed for selected solid."

What I have tried:

I up-scaled the surface-solid ensemble by 10x but it didn't work(same error)

I extruded that complex,multi-plane surface and then sliced it with a horizontal plane and got the desired solid BUT:

I would like to know what the cause of that problem was and how it can be solved so that I can slice that solid following that surface.

Thank you!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• turboCAD

• ReMark

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

correction: the solid I obtained by extruding that surface is close to the shape but not identical...so I must slice the solid following that shape.

What can I do to overcome this error?

attach file here.

Sir, I would not like to disclose this detail of the project as I would like to request a patent at a future date.

I understand it would be the easiest way but I can not attach it.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated .

Without the drawing it is going to be difficult to determine the nature of the problem and how to fix it.

No one here is interested in stealing your idea. Give us the bare minimum so we can see what the problem is.

ok, this is what I did:

before arriving to the complex surface, I had created the simple,plane surfaces and I saved a copy at every important step of the design; so I went back, took out the surfaces that I thought were the problem, and extruded the remaining complex surface...and it worked.

Now I will show you the part that was causing the problem in this printscreen: the lateral pyramids

damnUpyramid.jpg

imagine filling with water the cavity between those walls(extruding from blue surface upwards ) and then slicing along the walls that contain the water. that is what I could not do.As soon as I eliminated the pyramids(cyan color) I was able to extrude BUT I was not able to slice a solid along that surface.

conclusion: I reached exactly the design I was aiming at but in a labouring fashion rather than an elegant engineering way

I can't say anything from the image, but -

how far are you from the origin?

would the surface terminate the solid (does it pass all the way through)? Doesn't look to me like it does.

Can you reproduce the same error in a simplified example that doesn't reveal any proprietary information?

Why are you using surface for this design - it looks to be all planar faces in the end.

My guess is that since the information should be kept proprietary you will have to hire a consultant and have them sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Can you reproduce the same error in a simplified example that doesn't reveal any proprietary information?

Yes, that is what I did; thank you for the suggestion !

OK...I download the help.dwg and there is a layer "0" and no other layers nor are there any objects. What gives?

If you already solved your problem then I guess it doesn't matter.

I had the same problem but when viewing ”SW isometric” they appear.I don't know why.

no,they don't...please wait a minute (I had another .dwg that, when opened, showed nothing but if you change the view to sw isometric everything is there...which is odd because it had 3d objects that should show regardless of the plane they are viewed from )

Then please explain why if I do an Erase > All AutoCAD responds "0 objects found."

you are 100% correct: there are no objects in the file. I had the same problem...a similar problem minutes ago(~20minutes): I shut the monitor of my laptop and went to eat and when I came back, nothing was showing in the dwg file so I reopened it,still nothing, tried to recover and couldn't and then I though to change the viewing angle and in sw isometric,everything was ok...I don't know what to make of this.

especially because the objects were 3d and should have been visible from any angle...another thing: before today, then I switched from Top View to SW isometric, the change was abrupt, instantly shifting from one to the other; now, it is continuous, so if I switch from top view to sw isometric, it rotates the image from top view to sw iso as if I was 3d orbiting it

2 units? That is a large distance compared to the object shown which measures 0.3 units.

I'm confused as to what you want for a final shape and where exactly you plan on slicing this object.

now the cursor is gone ... it only shows when I click the black space or when cursor is hovering over the menu...

undid everything and reopened the file and it is ok...I must have pressed something

ps: f9 had not been pressed (snap)