Can Acad calculate the forces an object can withstand given dimensions and materials?

turboCAD

Hello!

I am designing wing ribs for a prototype, ribs made with fir wood; I must make cuts in the ribs in the form of circles or triangles to reduce the weight but keep the strength. I think I will use circles because a triangle's corners can be starting points for fissures(maybe triangles with rounded corners?).

Given: wood type,fiber alignment, rib dimensions, pattern of circles and circles' diameters,

can Autocad calculate the forces that rib can withstand on each axis ox,oy,oz?

Is there another program that can tell me what forces an object can withstand given information about that object?

Thank you!

Perhaps Inventor but I can't say for sure since I don't use the program. You'll have to wait for someone who does use it to comment further.

Solidworks Flow Simulation Software might be what you are looking for.

Yes,it seems to be! you have been an immense help, ReMark, thank you!

There is a huge amount of learning ahead: Solidworks Flow Simulation Software and Autodesk Inventor

but the possibilities these two programs unleash are worth the struggle.

Thank you again!