Help needed

the condition

Hi, first of all.

Have a small question for someone who knows Solid, how to "cut the lump" in assembly composed of 2 parts like on image.

So, I need to smooth cylinder with eliptical cap shape.

Thx.

Picture:

assem1.jpg

I'll give it a try, havent really used multi-body that much, I need it to be in 2. parts for further manifacturing, so I always sketched part by part

Edit the part in context of the assembly. Create a 0 offset of surface, then use cut with surface to remove geometry from part. If you can provide a part and better explanation of what your trying to achieve I can provide an example.

I'll give it a try, havent really used multi-body that much, I need it to be in 2. parts for further manifacturing, so I always sketched part by part

You can push out the two individual parts when finished. Multi-body really simplfies stuff like this.

It does create an extra file - but all your dimensions are in one master file.

You can push out the two individual parts when finished. Multi-body really simplfies stuff like this.

It does create an extra file - but all your dimensions are in one master file.

THX, multibody seems very useful.

half-coupling asme b16.11 1-2 6000 nipple.SLDPRT

Edit the part in context of the assembly. Create a 0 offset of surface, then use cut with surface to remove geometry from part. If you can provide a part and better explanation of what your trying to achieve I can provide an example.

It worked with multi-body, but I did similar in CATIA like you suggested, so I'm interested to learn that in Solid. I'll provide two parts in attachment.

podnica 152 R-taljan_donja.SLDPRT

Is the attached what your trying to accomplish? If so, let me know and I will provide an example. If not, can you explain in better detail of what your trying to do?

Assem1.jpg