Getting "Bad Definition" when trying to load .lin file

moonh

Good Afternoon all,

I have a .lin file, that keeps giving me several "Bad Definition" dings. I acquired this ".lin" file at a previous job, and am not sure why I can not get it to load correctly now.

I am not the best, at writing computer language, so I know my issue is operator error, and me being the operator; I don't know how to solve it. I changed the ending of the file to ".txt" so it would upload, I couldn't get it too attach in the ".lin" format.

On another note, I'm extremely distracted right now from work, after Yahoo flashed there was a shooting incident at Texas A&M Univ. It makes a person wonder, "What is going on, with all the gun violence lately?"

acad3.txt

In the file, where you see LineTXT within those bad lines...that is the name of a text style that must exist in the drawing. One solution is to use Standard text style, which will always be available, or another is to create a LineTXT textstyle in your template/drawing.

The last error after fixing these textstyles is one that shows .shx within the line. That is looking for a shape file in your support paths. If you took it from another company, you may not have this shape.

Fixing the textstyle will be simple. Is there a way to get around the shape file? And yes you are correct I kept a copy of all my drawings from my old company, and that is where the file came from.

RICKH, Thank-you and I got it. I had the support file also. I am still curious, if I didn't have the support file, would there have been a way to utilize the items w/ that missing shape file.

not that I know of....the shape is like a picture. I've never tried to rename a set of shape files to see if it would work. There is the .shp and the .shx and I don't think just renaming them would cut it...even if it did remap like that, the 'picture' would surely not be the same. It's similar to the text style problem, in that you could make a new one with the same name, but the properties may not be the same as they were in the original setup.