Help me with curve driven pattern

fuccaro

I try to make a timing belt. It sounds easy, but the Curve Driven Pattern feature has its own mind.

I have a Composite curve (the blue one) and a boss (green). The Curve driven pattern should multiply the boss along the curve. I clicked all the checkboxes, I tried all the combinations but this is the best I get. Can anybody help me please?

TBelt.png

Without seeing your model I'm not sure why its not working. The part looks simply enough so I created a video showing how to use curve driven pattern. Does this help?

Many thanks for answering me.

As you said, it is a simple task. I worked almost in the way presented in that video, except you used a sketch as pattern path.

This morning I recreated the timing belt, and I got it well. As path I used again a Composite Curve created from the edges, exactly as previously,- except this time it worked well. I don't know what the problem was (other that I don't have enough experience with SW), but now I got it solved.

Thanks again.